Monday, August 29, 2011

Secrets to Happy Couponing





Today I am starting a new series. I am calling it Secrets to Happy Couponing.
I will start off with a few easy things you can do to keep your grocery bill down. When I talk about groceries, I mean food, paper products, and toiletries.

  • Plan, plan, and plan.
  • Begin by making a budget or plan for how you will spend your money. I know that college students typically do not like to plan. This is a very important step, do not skip it!
  • Use cash when you go shopping. This will help you to not go over your alloted amount. Did you know that when people use debit cards, they spend more than when they pay with cash?
  • Shop more than one store. By this, I do not mean run all over town to every discount store you can find. Schedule going to different stores. You need at least one grocery store that you frequent. But you definitely need to add a drugstore into your shopping (Walgreens, CVS or Rite Aid). Shopping the sales at the drugstores is how I actually get many things for free or nearly free! I am attempting to keep you up to date with the best sales at Walgreens and CVS to get started.
Come back tomorrow for more Secrets to Happy Couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment